Monday, December 21, 2015

Final Website

My website promotes myself very easily. From my work done in Indesign, to writings I have done over the semester for other classes. People should be able to tell who I am as a person, and how I write. I have always been told I am a strong writer, my style is unique, and the concepts are generally very good. Writing is a great way to express yourself and promote one self. The brochure created was on Bernie Sanders, which may show who I could possibly vote for. If not, letting others know some key things about Sanders. The homecoming poster might be my favorite piece aside from the brochure because the placement of info on it is well thought out. There is not too much, and key elements are published. My bio may seem straight forward and a bit tense, but that's who I am. The website I created is easy to navigate through, just like me, I'm an easy going individual. I am a big person when it comes to social media, but mainly on Facebook. I have a twitter but don't use it, I don't feel it's necessary for everyone to know every second of my day. As far as Instagram is concerned I don't take many pictures, and don't want to let everyone know who I'm with or where I am all the time. Facebook is my main social media outlet, but I don't have a professional one, hopefully down the road.The most difficult thing about it was making sure everything was linked together. If there were two pages to a story or my brochure, they wouldn't open. Creating another box to put the second page of my brochure in I didn't like how it looked. If more time was granted I would have loved to made it one page and to click on it to open the other, same with my writings. Having my three writing on a separate page was cool. Having them with designs would have been an overload on one page. Overall I enjoyed creating the site. Generally speaking it was easy to do, with the professor taking the class step by step and having great feedback and help. I thought it was going to be hard with all certain types of codes. There were a plethora of codes, but they were already placed. Some of the things, such as placing my writings were a bit of a challenge, but I had awesome help. If I were to use this professionally I think it had the right amount of information. Not graphic, just things to get to know the person. If i were to use the website for personally reasons, I would definitely like to include outside school photos, maybe journals, graphics, and other work done over my college career.

No comments:

Post a Comment